Friday, January 23, 2009

Welcome to the blog ‘Expeditions: exploring environment and politics for the new millennium.’
The purpose of this blog is simple. It’s a place to express ideas. As a biologist by training and a writer at heart, I am most interested in issues connected to the environment, the natural world, and the political, economic and social forces that shape our present and determine our future. If you share an interest in these issues, I invite you to read what I have to say, and I would very much like to hear about your own experiences and insights.

This blog of mine will probably seem a bit scattered, with topics running the gamut from the natural history of some obscure tropical spider to informal time-to-get-on-my-virtual-soapbox moments when political events fire me up. I can’t guarantee a whole lot of answers, but I certainly intend to raise a lot of questions.

This is the first time I’ve put together a blog, so I’m going to ask for your patience as I figure things out. I believe I’ve set this up to allow readers to make comments on my posts, but the mechanics may not work the way I expect them to, at least not during these first few months.

Thanks for taking the time to visit this site, and please come back soon as more posts will follow shortly.
Photo: Lookout on the oak forest trail near Cuerici Biological Station, Costa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment